When You’ll land into the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu and the one & only international Airport : Tribhuwan International Airport. The strange things will start when you’ll see the airport. It isn’t big like you have been of coming from. Everything looks like manual, queue, filling the papers. You have to painstakingly fill the form for immigration officer and wait in queue.Remember you don’t have any better option. Then you go for collecting your luggage and I am sure you will be shocked to see what you have never seen in your life. There will be some people asking if you want a trolley, “Trolley is free but people may expect money for pushing your bag”. People like you are around the conveyor belt and wait for the bags.It’s literally unsure that how much time will it take, Even the Business class people may need to wait long. There might be chance to exchange of bag, so you should be very alert for your bag. If you think someone took your bag unknowingly, you can ask them gently or there will be some police stand by.
Once you get your luggage, you have to go for the security pass. There are some standing Security person, they may asked you questions or ask you to show ticket and bag tags. Most of the case, they select you on the base of your bags size or how suspect you look like.
- Getting through Kathmandu Airports immigration queues
- Fill out your arrival papers on the plane once they are handed out
- Try to be on ahead after departure from plane
- Arriving into the immigration lounge, take right note (Nepalese passport holders / foreign passports) from the counters and fill them while queuing
- There are usually two counters jump into the queue for the one to get your paperwork stamped and get a bill for your visa
- Once you have your bill, turn around to the counter behind you and shuffle your way into the queue
- You are now in the payment and passport stamp queue. Make sure you have your paperwork and passport held up otherwise you might get mistaken for the mass of people queuing to get the visa bill over your paperwork, money and passport
- Get stamped in and leave